Day 10 : Smoked Mackerel & Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive/canola oil
- 2 red onions, halved and thinly sliced, then cut into quarters
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¾ cup "J Willy Krauch", smoked mackerel, flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and finely grated black pepper to taste
- 3 finely chopped chives for garnish
- good quality kettle chips for garnish and serving
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine the oil and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let onions cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, flaked ''J Willy Krauch'' smoked mackerel, chives, parsley and smoked paprika; roughly chop, then stir in the cooled onions.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped chives and kettle chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving with kettle chips.