Day 11 : Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
- 6 poached eggs
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 12 slices of "J Willy Krauch" smoked salmon (or to taste)
- Hollandaise Sauce (Recipe follows, or use good quality ready-made)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, dry sherry or tarragon vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3 more tablespoons room temperature water
- sea salt to taste
- a few grains of cayenne pepper
- garnish each with sprinkle of smoked paprika, or small quantity of finely chopped fresh tarragon (not stems) or cooked, finely chopped bacon, or capers.
- Poach eggs in simmering water to which a little salt and vinegar has been added for approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove from water using slotted spoon and immerse in ice water to stop cooking.
- Hold for service.
- Fork split all English muffins in two. Butter and toast all cut portions.
- Place sliced of smoked salmon over bottom six rounds of each toasted muffin.
- Re-heat eggs (trim excess cooked egg white) by immersing in simmering hot water for one minute.
- Place re-heated egg over smoked salmon on each round.
- Drizzle Hollandaise sauce (to taste) over this and garnish(s) if using.
- Place top of each muffin on side and serve immediately.