Day 3 : Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
Temperature: Stove Top
- 3 ounces of mild goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of well-drained, prepared horseradish (or grated, fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (flat leaf)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola/olive oil blend
- 2 large, store bought whole wheat flour tortillas
- 8-10 thin slices ''J Willy Krauch'' smoked salmon
- ¾ cup well-cleaned and dried baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, horseradish, sour cream, chopped parsley, lemon juice and white pepper to taste. Beat with wooden spoon until smooth and well blended. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium high heat for 1 minute. Fry the tortillas, one at a time, turning once, for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide and spread evenly ½ of the horseradish cream on each tortilla.
- Arrange the ''J Willy Krauch'' smoked salmon over this mixture.
- Spread chopped spinach evenly over each.
- Season lightly with salt (if using).
- Place one tortilla on top on the other.
- Cut into 4-6 wedges and serve immediately.