Day 6 : Sweet Potato, Smoked Salmon Frittata (Baked Omelette)
Temperature: Oven Broiler
- 1 tablespoon olive/canola oil combination
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sweet potato peeled, cut in 1/2 inch cubes, boiled until fork tender
- 2 cups of washed baby spinach leaves, blanched and drained, chopped
- ¾ cup of ''J Willy Krauch'' smoked salmon, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill to garnish (optional)
- In non-stick (oven-safe) skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium high heat, heat oil and add onion and green pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Do not allow garlic to turn brown.
- Stir in cooked sweet potato, blanched, chopped, spinach and diced. ''J Willy Krauch'' smoked salmon and cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute longer.
- Add butter to pan with cooked ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, season with salt and pepper and pour into skillet on top of vegetables.
- Stir gently with fork, to evenly distribute vegetables and salmon in pan.
- Cover with skillet cover or foil and cook for approximately 3 minutes on medium heat or until bottom of frittata has set.
- Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place pan under hot broiler until top of frittata is firm and golden, about 2 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so watch carefully!
- Loosen with rubber spatula and gently slide onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill if desired.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.